New York DWI Attorney on Your Side
Defending Goshen-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout New York, law enforcement officials have been cracking down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. With more than 30 years of experience handling DUI cases in Goshen, Warwick, Middletown, Monroe, Greenwood Lake and throughout Orange County, the Law Office of Gregory G. Hoover Sr., P.C. has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Committed to helping clients
I understand that good people can make mistakes. A good attorney should strive to satisfy your emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. I have in-depth knowledge of New York DUI laws, and I analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. I know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and I challenge the evidence against you with the skills I have developed over three decades in the field. I work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself.
- Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety
- Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to grab your identification and present it swiftly to a police officer.
- Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
- Do not take the test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact the Law Office of Gregory G. Hoover Sr., P.C. today for a free consultation
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call the Law Office of Gregory G. Hoover Sr., P.C. today at 845-496-6100 or contact the firm online for your initial consultation.